Mission Statement for the Bellville Association of Arts [Artb]
Art b, the Arts Association of Bellville, is a dynamic and innovative, community-orientated organisation primarily managed by volunteers and partially supported by The City of Cape Town.
The organization will strive to:
- Support artists from all different cultural and economic backgrounds, with the focus on emerging artists.
- Offer educational value and showcase visual art and artists [primarily local] to raise public awareness of art.
- Gain financial independence to employ the necessary staff, host exhibitions, present outreach programmes and other art related projects. All generated funds (membership fees; commissions; donations; sales; etc) will be invested directly and indirectly to the benefits of the gallery.
- Fundraising is a priority to insure the continued existence and growth of the gallery.
- The gallery space must be utilized to its maximum potential to display a wide as possible variety of visual- and multi-media art.
Art b Arts Association, Bellville, will utilise the available exhibition space to its full potential to support artists, educate and uplift the community and to develop into an ever growing financially independent organization with the core focus on Visual Art.