Mission StatementThe Arts Association of Bellville (art.b), is a dynamic and innovative, community-orientated organisation primarily managed by volunteers and partially supported by The City of Cape Town.
The organisation will strive to:
- Support artists from all different cultural and economic backgrounds, with the focus on emerging artists.
- Offer educational value and showcase visual art and artists [primarily local] to raise public awareness of art.
- Gain financial independence to employ the necessary staff, host exhibitions, present outreach programmes and other art related projects. All generated funds (membership fees; commissions; donations; sales; etc) will be invested directly and indirectly to the benefits of the gallery.
- Fundraising is a priority to insure the continued existence and growth of the gallery.
- The gallery space must be utilised to its maximum potential to display a wide as possible variety of visual- and multi-media art.