Vuleka 2021 Competition
- The competition is open only to artists who are who have not had a solo exhibition in the past three years.
- Only original works of art completed during 2020/2021 may be entered.
- Maximum of 5 works may be entered.
- Images of artworks must be submitted online at www.artb.co.za from 1:00 on 3 July 2021 to 23:59 on 14 July 2021.
- Entry fee:
Members of the Arts Association of Bellville: R 100 /work
Non-members: R 150 /work
- The entry fee is non-refundable.
- The Proof of Payment for the entry must be uploaded on the website at the same time as the work(s) are submitted.
- The adjudicators will select 80 works to go through to Round 2.
- Work must be mounted, framed or block mounted and be ready for hanging.
- Selected work that is only mounted, will have to be framed.
- Exposed glass edges will not be accepted.
- Works should hang as flat as possible.
- Sculptures must be able to stand without support & may not exceed 100 kg.
- The size of a work may not exceed 2 x 2 m.
- If more than one work is entered, please affix a separate entry form to the back of each entry.
- Diptychs and Triptychs must be entered as separate works.
- No performance art will be accepted.
- Collaborative artworks compiled by a maximum of two artists will be accepted.
- One artist has to be owner of the artwork.
- All works are submitted at the owner’s risk. Neither art.b nor the sponsors will accept any responsibility for the damage, loss or theft of any works of art while in transit or on exhibition.
- Prices of works offered for sale must include 33.3% commission.
- Please DO NOT phone the gallery to enquire whether your work has been selected for the exhibition. The names of the selected works and prize winners will remain confidential until the opening on 7 August 2021.
- If your work is part of the selected 80 it must be delivered/couriered to:
Carel van Aswegen Street
Tel: 021 917 1197
- Deadline for delivery: 1 PM on Saturday, 24 July 2021
NO LATE ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED.
- Exhibition of selected works opens (10:30 for 11:00): 7 August 2021
- Collect unselected work: 9-14 August 2021
- Exhibition closes: 31 August 2021
- All works must be collected by: 4 September 2021
- Uncollected works will incur a storage fee for 2 months, after which it will be disposed of.